Friday, June 27, 2008

My tissue expanders.

I have a square tissue expander under each pectoral muscle on my chest. At the time of surgery she put in 200 ml of saline into each expander. About three weeks later the surgeon used a magnet to find the magnetized ports under the skin in my chest and then, using a long needle, she injected another 100 millilitres or so into each expander. I am now at about an "A" cup.
My small chest mounds look odd but they are large enough to look like a woman when I wear a T-shirt. The oddest part is the 8.5 cm long incisions across each breast. They are covered with steri strips for the next 2 months and leave odd bumps.
No I don't wear a bra. For what? Do men wear bras? I am much the same. I have no nipples, unlike men. Surgeons usually take them off for mastectomies.
So for the summer I will have these mounds... now to find a bathing suit. I think I will limit myself to cotton button-up shirts. I am not allowed to be exposed to sun or chlorine for the summer. I will keep my skin the beautiful white it always has been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture!