Here are some pictures of my surgery but it is not me. I was just too darn shy to let them take photos of me so I am offering up another female. It is just skin but some younger children might find this a bit too much information. Parental Guidance, please.
Personally, I feel so different, now that I have had surgery. I feel like a man. Let me explain. Put my short hair aside, I wouldn't hesitate to show you my scars/chest. There are no nipples, there are no breasts, it is just skin.
The comfort a man has to take his shirt off on a hot day seems more tangible now. No, I won't do it, yet there is nothing there. I am just me in the simplest form, with no extras. I feel good in my skin. It is a bit liberating and odd all at the same time.
http://www.myselftogetheragain.org/process.htm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Anna!
I have written you two messages and tried to send them to you but it always failed. I have read your blog and want to say, you are an amazing woman! Inspiring, strong and determined. Your wonderful in-laws, Dave and Betty Driedger have kept us at Women Alive informed of your challenges and progress. Many times we have prayed for you and asked Dave and Betty for another update. Your strength to face cancer is remarkable. Even though challenges are still ahead you have come a long way and all of your friends and family respect your determination and attitude.
Just a few days before Dave and Betty left to be with you, we had a prayer time just for you, Jeff and your family. Know that our prayers continue to be with you. I believe that you will yet write a book on your journey. Women need the inspiration and courage you have.
From all the staff at Women Alive - we care for you and are praying.
Margaret, Ellen, Michelle, Karin, Karen and Heather.
I agree that you should write a book. Your attitude and your amazing writing style would be so helpful to many. What I hear so often about you is that you have inspired people. I think that your honesty, attitude, strength and faith have impacted all who have been following your blog. For women who will face similar challenges in the future and for others who will have someone close to them face similar battles you will give them strength and hope. Anna, you are a gift to us all.
Post a Comment