I've had three treatments with Docetaxel. One side effect is nail changes. The colour may change. Rarely, nails will loosen or fall off, or the nail beds will be painful.
I have now fallen into the rarely part of the scale of side affects.
My toe nails are falling off. The nail beds are no longer sensitive but there is no point in booking my pedicure. Some nails are white and others are red/purple. It doesn't hurt and I just keep them clean and well filed.
My finger nails, on the other hand, are growing waves.
Oh you never know what is next. I think I will go paint Anika's nails pretty pink.
Another, more annoying side affect is the dry skin on my hands. The constant battle of keeping them moisturized so that they don't split open. Basically it would be like me giving you some paper cuts on three fingers, your choice, every other night. Wearing bandages with polysporin has helped at night. The cuts don't really heal but they close up enough to not bleed or hurt.
3 comments:
I love how open and honest you are! The more I read your comments the more I admire your fortitude.
Thank you so much for keeping us up to date. I am glad you had some fun over spring break. How is your Dad? It is true that when it rains it pours. Some days just seem so much more stressful than others, too. Way to go Anna, you trooper! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya,
SSS
Now you can join Jeff in the "Unique Toe Club"!
Post a Comment