Living with laryngitis has become increasingly more frustrating and depressing.
- I can't read to my kids at night and the younger one just doesn't understand
- My husband does not appreciate being hissed at, clapped at or tapped on the shoulder
- People must think I am quite rude at the store. I never say please or thank you and there is not a lot of eye contact with sales people.
- Solving kids’ problems is almost non existent. "Mom, she took my truck without asking"
- I can't phone to make appointments, ask questions, or chat
- I get strange looks when trying to communicate with my children in public. My sign language is pretty primitive or my wig is crooked.
- It is painful. I never knew people who have lost their voice kept swallowing sand paper
- My son thinks I will get my voice back when my hair grows back... I prayed immediately that this would not be true, oh please no.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain. Thanks Lisa!
No comments:
Post a Comment