Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Live Life Like There is No Tomorrow?


I was sitting in a gondola during Christmas holiday and a man was talking with some strangers. I was quietly listening. He ended up telling us his motto: "I like to live like there is no tomorrow."
I once thought it was a great way to live life. Everyday is exciting. You make it the best for you and sit down at the end of the day with a smile on your face.
I now think this motto is selfish. It is hard to go to chemo every three weeks and meet people who are far worse off than I am. I feel like I have a high mountain to climb but they are climbing Mt. Everest, without oxygen!
I am slowing down and trying to make time for people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely self-portrait! You do have a way with snow. SSS