Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Am Making Some Changes

  • brown rice milk has replaced cow milk - no hormones thank you
  • a plant based diet is starting to sprout in our house
  • red meat is off the menu - no hormones thank you
  • learning to balance my body with more alkeline (80%) and acidic foods - more plants please
  • I am trying to move more
  • bought a cask iron frying pan (no more teflon if I can help it)
  • using coconut oil for high heat cooking - avoiding canola
  • threw out all number 7 plastic containers - looking for stainless steel
  • green house cleaners have replaced the chemical ones - non toxic
  • signed up with InspireHealth which offers alternative treatments and excellent current information including MD and Naturopath Physician consultations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you share more details about the "small steps" (love the pretty slippers) you are making and why? SSS

Anonymous said...

Almond milk is pretty good (except for the allergic concern for some). It doesn't have the same chalky taste as brown rice milk.

What about organic beef or organic milk?