Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Silver Lining

Breast Cancer does have a silver lining and I have had the pleasure of enjoying it.
1. I realize how many wonderful people there are in the world and feel blessed to know them.
2. Getting ready in the morning is a snap.
3. Time with family is extra special - even a ski trip on a school day has no guilty feelings.
4. I have become a strong advocate for mammograms. Have you had yours this year? If you have dense breasts call me.
5. Robert Munsch emails me (I am writing a book with some stdts and asked Bob for some help).
6. I meet really great people.
7. I get good stuff - cards, e-mails, books, flowers, casseroles, walks with old friends, great tea, offers to take care of the kids and so much prayer and love.
8. I get time to work out and smell the roses (well moss and ferns).
9.
10.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, so much for creating this site and sharing will all. You are beautiful and strong. We love you.

Anonymous said...

You're the best! I was told by a parent that if my son gets Ms. Driedger for a teacher that he would be very lucky. I agree with that statement completely!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! It doesn't surprise me that you would find a silver lining for cancer. You are an amazing woman. We all miss you and look forward to your final day of treatment. Take care!