Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Would Take My Blush!

If you could only take one cosmetic item to a deserted island, I would take my blush. Now my sun block would be in my first aid bag, so that one doesn't count. Would you take your lipstick? Men, you can take your chap stick. Some love their mascara. I am usually pale so I would take some rouge to make me look a bit more cheery.
I have found some lotions and potions that are ceritified organic. I was thrilled to find it a good brand. London Drugs even sells it now.
Did you know hypo-allergenic is not a medical term. Many of these products contain fragrances and formaldehyde releasing preservatives. Unscented is not a regulated term. Many products often contain fragrances to hide the chemical smells of the ingredients added. Fragrance-free IS a regulated term. Products that are fragrance free don't contain any of the more than 300 chemicals that are classified as fragrances by the International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients.
Parabens are terrible too. Anyway, there is so much to learn and I feel great that I found some rouge that is okay for my body and makes me look fresh too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may also want to try Avalon Organics (they also have a line called Alba Botanicals). I believe that most of the Avalon and Alba products are either paraben free or have a paraben free alternative product. Their products are also easy to find locally. http://www.avalonnaturalproducts.com/