2008
Cats have nine lives. They keep landing on their feet.
I seem to be fortunate enough to land on my feet too, with the help of some great Canadian doctors. Without them, I wouldn't be here.
My second life came after being in labor for 31 hours with my first child. Thank goodness I had an excellent team of doctors at the hospital and they could take my baby out with a cesarean section.
My third life I just started living. The chemotherapy seems to have killed the cancer in my lymph nodes and now the rest of my life will unfold with some unknowns still looming.
What does this all have to do with my birthday you are wondering. Well, I realized that my birthday is really for my mom. She did all the hard work on my birthday. Every year my birthday is a reminder of all she did to make me who I am.
My birthday came and went. It was my first birthday since I was diagnosed with cancer. Something was different.
I seem to be fortunate enough to land on my feet too, with the help of some great Canadian doctors. Without them, I wouldn't be here.
My second life came after being in labor for 31 hours with my first child. Thank goodness I had an excellent team of doctors at the hospital and they could take my baby out with a cesarean section.
My third life I just started living. The chemotherapy seems to have killed the cancer in my lymph nodes and now the rest of my life will unfold with some unknowns still looming.
What does this all have to do with my birthday you are wondering. Well, I realized that my birthday is really for my mom. She did all the hard work on my birthday. Every year my birthday is a reminder of all she did to make me who I am.
My birthday came and went. It was my first birthday since I was diagnosed with cancer. Something was different.
I've heard that a birthday is merely a resting stop along life's way. It is a chance to celebrate how far you've come, a chance to dream how far you'll go.
I think I have a new birth date: November 2nd. This will be the point of reference from which I will celebrate how long I've survived and how big to make my dreams from here on and forwards.
I think I have a new birth date: November 2nd. This will be the point of reference from which I will celebrate how long I've survived and how big to make my dreams from here on and forwards.
1 comment:
Are these photos a year apart? Do you do this every year? Totally cool idea! Boy the kids have sure grown! I think the day you were born is pretty special because you graced the world with your presence! I have been away and been going through withdrawal from not reading your blog. Thanks for the fix. SSS
Post a Comment